Thursday, November 20, 2008

Stories in Hand

Feelings and Values ~ pg 15

Is there anything you always wanted to do but never did?

When I found out I was expecting my first child, I envisioned the baby and I driving around the US in a "candy apple red" van - just the two of us. It was 1975. I was 17, unmarried and embraced the hippie lifestyle as much as I could while still living at home. I thought it would be a fantastic adventure...just baby and me, going from town to town...meeting new people, checking out interesting sites/sights and growing up together. The baby's father wanted us to get married, however, as he feared that his parents would "disown" him and that he would be "ex-communicated" (from the catholic church).

So we married.
And divorced before our son was 18 months old.

That wanderlust has never really gone away, however and I still dream of traveling the US - this time with a motorhome, my beloved Husband and our little dog - and maybe we'll actually get to do it sometime. During the winter months, anyway, when our business is down for the season. I still want to meet new people and check out the sites/sights -- especially the National Parks and canyons in Utah and new England in the fall. Oh - and the Pacific coastline!

If we get to have such an adventure, I will absolutely take my camera and my laptop, as I would want to keep a weekly blog of our experiences and share them with family and friends. So many people who view my photos online say that Alaska is such a place of wonder and beauty -- and they're RIGHT! - but GOD's beauty and majesty is all over our great country and how I would love to see it first-hand...

Of all the things I have yet to accomplish in this life -- this right here is number one on the list!

~ klb

No comments: