Saturday, April 01, 2006

Christian version of the "Get to Know Me" Game

*How long have you been a Christian? I have believed in Him since I was a child, but invited Him into my heart and was baptized in water and in the Holy Spirit nearly 22 years ago (April 19, 1984)

*What's your preference...hymns or modern worship music? There are certain hymns that I adore (How Great Thou Art, Amazing Grace, etc), but as a steady diet, the current praise & worship and contemporary Christian music is what I prefer best.

*Favorite Christian artists? Many of them: Newsboys. Chris Tomlin, Jeremy Camp, Matthew West, Mercy Me, Third Day, Casting Crowns, Todd Agnew, Nichole Nordeman, Natalie Grant...so many others.

*List your top 5 favorite songs. How Great is Our GOD (Chris Tomlin); Grace Like Rain (Todd Agnew); More (Matthew West); I Can Only Imagine (Mercy Me); It Is You (Newsboys)

*What's the hardest lesson God has taught you? Apart from Him, I am nothing (I'm actually very thankful about that, but there are times when I *forget* and try to handle life my own way...)

*Who has been your greatest Christian mentor? My Gramma Mary; my Sisters-in-Christ

*List a quality of your mentor that you'd most like to emulate... Well, Christ-like characteristics, of course -- peace, patience, kindness, unconditional love, humility, graciousness; a meek & quiet spirit; diligence in intercessory prayer

*Favorite Christian authors? Fiction: Angela Hunt, Lori Wick, Francine Rivers, Janette Oke, Frank Peretti, Randy Alcorn, many others. Non-fiction: James Dobson, Gary Smalley, Chuck Pierce, Patricia King, Brad Jursak, Wesley & Stacy Campbell, Stormie Omartian, many others.

*Favorite Christian books? Other than the Bible (KJV or NKJV), there are too many to list

*Favorite Christian speaker/pastor? Pastor: Tim Maus (our pastor); Speakers: Patricia King, Wesley Campbell, James McDonald, Brad Jursak, Jeff Burke

*How many times a week do you attend church? 1

*What roles do you fill at your local church? I am co-host of a community-wide scrapbook/stamp ministry that meets at our church twice a month.

*Favorite scriptures? Jer 29:11-13; 32:27; Heb 11:1; James 5:20, Isaiah 61; most of the Psalms & Proverbs, many others

*Favorite daily devotional? Not using one at the moment...

*What do you think you'll say to Jesus the first time you see Him in heaven? I'll be too choked up to say anything at first... get teary-eyed even now, just thinking about it...

*If you could meet someone from the bible (besides Christ, God, and the Holy Spirit), who would you pick and why? Is it really possible to choose one person?! Thankfully, we'll have an eternity to meet everyone - topping my list, I think, would be Mary, the mother Christ and Eve. Mary, because I would love to know what she thought and how she felt, raising the Messiah - she could fill in those "missing years" between the ages of 12 and 30. I'd also ask her if she realized, while watching her precious baby boy hanging there on that cross, that He would soon be resurrected and then ascend to the Father. How did GOD speak to her during those times? Eve, because I would like to know what it was like to be the first woman in existance. What was her relationship with the Father like? What was it like to be married and never have an arguement? I'd also like to know her thoughts after the fall and their banishment from Eden - did she and Adam ever blame one another for their consequences? Did they still have communication with GOD? What was it like to be pregnant for the first time and not have another woman to talk things over with? Did she understand what was happening to her body when the baby was growing inside her?

*In five words, describe what you think heaven will be like... Colorful, Exciting, Glorious, Enlightening -- HOME

*When you get to heaven, which former humans do you want to see first? My Mom, my Gramma Mary & my grandbabies... and my Dad, if he passes on before I do

*What do you think are the biggest challenges facing the church today? Hardened hearts, spiritual apathy, spiritual ignorance (I'm speaking of professing Believers, not the unsaved...)

*What is your biggest challenge or temptation? Dying to self. IE: procrastination; unimportant busy-ness, selfishness

*What would you say God is calling you to do within the body? I know I have the gift of encouragement and I try to use this whenever possible. I'm also pretty certain I have been called to intercession, but I am not very diligent in my prayer life. I would love to have a weekly Bible study or small home group in our home.

*Best piece of Christian advice you've heard latley? That He is Good and the Coolest**

*Prayer request today? That my Husband, our children and I will walk in the direction He leads us in; that we daily choose to remain in His will.

LiC ~

**my son Matthew typed in the response to "Best piece of Christian advice..." - I am blessed by his answer!

No comments: