Saturday, April 01, 2006

A Forgotten Memory...

Came across this e-mail post that I wrote about 18 months ago. I'd forgotten all about it, but after re-reading it, realized that it was meant to be shared...

Oh my gosh...I just spent the last hour or two just communing with the Lord - what an absolute blessing! My heart is full and my spirit is so relaxed and at peace... Stefra was (is) downstairs, but I was alone upstairs for about half the time...I had put on my new WOW cd I bought today and "my song" - Amazing Grace by Todd Agnew - came on...of course, I had to dance to it ... The only lights on were the sink light in the kitchen and the desk lamp - I lit a candle on the coffee table and put on "Ride the Wind" by Jonathan Meracle -- and after dancing to 2 of his songs, I put on "Soaking" by Todd Bentley and laid down on the couch -- I don't recall how far into the cd I was - maybe in the 2nd track? - when I felt weight of the Holy Spirit - finally ... Rog came home about then and I knew for sure the Spirit was upon me, because I couldn't move for anything -- and the assorted noises Rog was making at the desk didn't distract me, even though I could plainly hear them. And here's a "GOD-thing" - although the volume of the stereo was up rather high, Rog didn't ask me to turn it down...and...even though he was watching tv at the desk, he kept his volume down low...he didn't ask what I was doing or how long I was going to be or say anything negative! It was so God and such a blessing...he let me lie there on the couch, soaking up the Holy Spirit...Thank You Lord, for my precious and beloved Husband.

Okay - so here are some things I experienced during my soaking time... During one of the tracks, I was flying with the Lord over the earth. Todd Bentley was speaking about hiding under the shadow of His wings (seeking protection), but here I was - grinning and giggling at times -- I guess you could say I felt giddy ! -- and I was flying under His wing (His right wing) - soaring over mountains and deserts and rivers...the music is what made me take flight -- and I was filled with an incredible joy and wonder...I could feel my body weighted down on the couch, but inside I felt light and free -- exhilarated.. Another time, I was dancing before the throne - at first, I saw myself in my glorified body (slender and graceful) - but then I saw myself as I really am - 300 lbs and big and clunky -- awkward -- this picture (and the words) ran through my mind and I felt the Lord saying, "See yourself as I see you...not big and awkward, but full of beauty - full of My Spirit. You are beautiful and graceful and My heart is full of love and joy when you dance for Me..." Wow...wow.

During another track, Todd Bentley was speaking about unveiling and looking in a mirror -- being changed from glory to glory -- and I saw it happening -- the room or area was vast and bathed in golden light - there was a filmy veil over a mirror - the veil was pulled off and I saw myself ...but I was looking at Jesus...at first, it seemed as though Jesus looked identical to me - but then the vision changed and I realized that I was looking into a mirror, but it was His face looking back at me -- His image was reflected in the mirror when I looked at it because He is in me - and it is His character that is visible. Wow, again.

Sonna said something at prayer today that describes how I'm feeling right now -- totally relaxed -- like after getting out of a shower or a hot tub...my body is relaxed and my mind and spirit are relaxed as well - not in a limp and exhausted way, but in a peaceful, refreshed way. Thanks Lord - I needed that ! Seriously, Father -- I really needed that special time with You and I'm thankful we had that time together. I love You so much - In the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ I pray - Amen.

**Side note to Cheryl - remember when you told me that it was okay to cry; for me not to bottle up my feelings? After I wrote the journal entry in my notebook, I picked up the "His Princess" book and asked Him to speak to me. I opened the book at random (in a section I hadn't even read yet) and the passage was, "It's Okay to Cry." The accompanying scripture verse was Psalm 126:3 - Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. Pretty cool, huh ?!


LiC ~

1 comment:

Joel Spencer said...

Have had similar instances where I'm "away with the Lord" when my wife comes home. It's hard to explain, but I know she's there yet completely unable to acknowledge her whatsoever. Nothing is better than God's presence. Thanks for sharing.